My Category Order WordPress Plugin
My Category Order allows you to set the order in which categories will appear in the sidebar. Uses a drag and drop interface for ordering. Adds a widget with additional options for easy installation on widgetized themes.
* This will also be the last version of this plugin I will release. I am working on a new “2.0″ version that will only support WP 2.8 and greater. This jump will finally include the ability to have multiple widgets.
* Added Czech translation (Jan)
* Updated for 2.8 compatibility
* If your categories don’t show up for ordering your DB user account must have ALTER permissions, the plugin adds columns to store the order
* Added a call to $wpdb->show_errors(); to help debug any issues
* Translations added and thanks: Spanish (Karin), German (Wolfgang and Mike), Swedish (Mans), Italian (Stefano)
* Updated for 2.7, now under the the new Pages menu
* Moved to jQuery for drag and drop
* Removed finicky AJAX submission
* Translations added and thanks: Russian (Flector and Pink), Dutch (Anja), Polish (Zbigniew)
* Keep those translations coming
* The plugin has been modified to be fully translated
* The plugin patch no correctly patches taxonomy.php
* New translation added : French, by Brahim Machkouri (http://www.category-icons.com)
* The widget has now a description
* Finally no more taxonomy.php overwriting, well kind of. After you upgrade WordPress visit the My Category Order page and it will perform the edit automatically.
* Thanks to Submarine at http://www.category-icons.com for the code.
* Also added string localization, email me if you are interested in translating.
Tags: widget, sidebar, order, category, categories